Transforming women’s health and providing world-class services through a unified department
- Provides compassionate, patient-centered care with an emphasis on subspecialty care primarily for residents of Addis Ababa and Central Oromia
- Educates future women health-care professionals of high level including specialists and subspecialists in partnership with other affiliated hospitals, and training organizations.
- Generates new knowledge and technology in the delivery of patient care through world-leading research.
- Collaborative research
- Advancing quality and standards of care
- Advocacy and public awareness
- Creating a lifelong learning community among faculty and alumni
- Preparing the leaders of tomorrow through education
- Generate knowledge- and practice-changing studies of pressing questions in our field that draw upon and galvanize all resources across the department
- Advance patient safety and quality care through collaboration and shared protocols
- National Initiative in Women’s Health and Advocacy is having a profound impact on the quality of care for women in regional hospitals
- Support faculty in a shared culture of innovation and inspired ongoing learning, mentoring, wellness and advocacy
- Create equitable, high quality, consistent education across all levels of teaching and sites that ensures our programs continues to lead, innovate and draw the best learners